Tuesday 19 August 2014

Other Ranks Prisoners of War 1914


I have started publishing rolls of NCOs and men who were captured and became prisoners of war on or before 25th December 1914. A partial archive listing these men survives at the Imperial War Museum and I am publishing transcriptions of these names. I am publishing regimental number, rank and name, although in many cases I have much additional information such as date of capture, home address, next of kin and next of kin address.

Read more about the 1914 PoW resource on my 1914 PoWs page on the Army Service Numbers blog. Also click on the links below to see the regimental rolls published so far:

Durham Light Infantry
Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment)
Royal Fusiliers
Suffolk Regiment

The image above, purchased this morning, shows allied PoWs at Diepholz camp in Hanover.

No comments:

Post a Comment