Thursday 4 June 2015

Name that unit

 
 
Can anyone help to identify the unit and the date that this photo was taken? Some of the men wear First World War campaign medals and a number of them wear medals on their right breasts. Note the headgear of the men standing (and the man seated far right) which, to my eye look more like the Broderick Cap which was worn by the army between 1902 and 1907.
 
These men don't look like army to me. Could they be fire brigade? Any ideas anyone?
 
 
Update - 5th June 2015
 
I'm reliably informed that these men are fire brigade. Note the axe handle protruding from the man seated far right, and also the man next to him. Many thanks to all who responded.
 
 
I offer a fast, efficient and cost-effective military research service. Have a look at my military research page and drop me a line if you think I might be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment